At KILLELEA health and safety considerations begin some considerable time before placement of contracts with the completion of the client’s Health and Safety Questionnaire which is designed to meet the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Prior to work commencing on site our NEBOSH qualified site erection managers will visit the site and liaise with the client’s management team to write the necessary safety control systems of work including method statements, risk assessments, crane plans, COSHH assessments and the like; assessment of any necessary environmental controls which may require implementation are also registered.
As part of the safety requirements all site personnel are trained and qualified within their respective trade disciplines and training is on-going to ensure current construction industry requirements and certification levels are adhered to rigorously.
We will never compromise where safety is concerned. Our safety record over the years speaks volumes about our commitment to both our employees and those who they will work alongside. We make every endeavour to minimise any risk that may be faced by site operatives at the earliest of design stages. Our site personnel are of the highest calibre in the industry today and our attention to detail has resulted in our company’s safety record being one which everybody here is very proud.
- All our site managers are IOSH, NEBOSH and Construction Site Manager Safety Certified
- All our site supervisors are Construction Site Supervisor Safety Certified
- All Mobile Elevated Working Platform (MEWP) operators are IPAF certified
- Only Competent Assessed Persons for Maintenance are permitted to maintain MEWPs
- All MEWP and Crane operators are Construction Plant Competence Scheme certified.
- 100% Construction Skills Certification Scheme card holding level for all KILLELEA site personnel
- Construction Plant Competence Scheme certificates are held by all Slinger/Signaller Operatives.
- Safety nets will only ever be erected by our FASET Safety Net Rigger qualified personnel
- British Constructional Steelwork Association member; The BCSA is a member of SSIP Safety Scheme In Procurement
- Member of The Register of Qualified Steelwork Contractors
- KILLELEA hold a current CHAS Certificate of Accreditation
- KILLELEA are members of the British Safety Council, winning their prestigious 10 Consecutive Years Award
- Constructiononline certificate of registration holders
- All site management personnel are qualified to IOSH and NEBOSH
- KILLELEA are a Bovis Lend Lease Accredited Contractor for Environment, Health and Safety